Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.24
- £23.12Trending at £34.89
- £24.19Trending at £25.12
- £6.49Trending at £6.67
- £6.59Trending at £9.95
- £25.99Trending at £28.42
- £17.16Trending at £22.70
About this product
- DescriptionTakes on an idea central to American national mythology that the US is 'a nation of immigrants', open-armed and welcoming to foreigners. This work argues that Americans' treatment of immigrants and foreigners has long fluctuated between hospitality and hostility and that this ambivalence is fundamental to the construction of US national identity.
- Author BiographyAli Behdad is Professor of English and Comparative Literature at the University of California, Los Angeles. He is the author of Belated Travelers: Orientalism in the Age of Colonial Dissolution, also published by Duke University Press.
- Author(s)Ali Behdad
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication18/07/2005
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Width148 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.