All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Francisco Moreno-Fernandez
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/09/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white tables, 24 black & white line drawings
- Weight364 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgements Preface Introduction Chapter 1. The dynamic and complex nature of language Chapter 2. Social reality and perception Chapter 3. Worldview, discourse and society Chapter 4. Cognitive foundations of linguistic variation Chapter 5. Sociosemantics and cognition Chapter 6. Sociogrammar and cognition Chapter 7. Sociophonology and cognition Chapter 8. Methodology for a cognitive sociolinguistics Chapter 9. The sociolinguistic interview Chapter 10. The perceptual dynamics of the sociolinguistic interview Chapter 11. The perception of linguistic variation Chapter 12. The perception of linguistic contact Epilogue
- Author BiographyFrancisco Moreno-Fernandez is Professor of Hispanic Linguistics at the University of Alcala (Spain) and Executive Director of the Instituto Cervantes at Harvard University. He is co-editor of Spanish in Context, editor of Lengua y Migracion/Language & Migration, and a member of the editorial boards of many journals, including Intenational Journal of the Sociology of Language, Journal of Linguistic Geography, Journal of World Languages, Revista Internacional de Linguistica Iberoamericana, and Linguistica Espanola Actual.
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £24.99Trending at £26.36
- £12.79Trending at £15.84
- £7.52Trending at £9.98
- £4.50Trending at £4.99
- £63.23Trending at £92.43
- £11.61Trending at £15.02
- £9.16Trending at £10.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.