All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Seth Cooper
- PublisherMorgan & Claypool Publishers
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- GenreComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan and Claypool Life Sciences
- Width190 mm
- Height234 mm
- Author BiographySeth Cooper is an Assistant Professor in the College of Computer and Information Science at Northeastern University, USA and a member of the Playable Innovative Technologies Lab. He received his PhD in Computer Science and Engineering from the University of Washington. His dissertation, A Framework for Scientific Discovery through Video Games, advised by Zoran Popovic, won the ACM Doctoral Dissertation Award in 2011. His current research focuses on using video games to solve difficult scientific problems; and he has delivered multiple TED talks on the topic. He is the co-creator of the scientific discovery games Foldit and Nanocrafter and early math educational games including Refraction and Treefrog Treasure. Seth has also done research in real-time animation for games, often in the motion capture lab. Prior to his post at University of Washington, Seth worked at the Center for Game Science (as Creative Director), Square Enix, Electronic Arts, Pixar Animation Studios and the UC Berkeley Space Sciences Laboratory (on BOINC, the Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing).
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £31.22Trending at £32.15
- £20.82Trending at £24.99
- £23.02Trending at £23.26
- £25.98Trending at £26.98
- £24.56Trending at £26.98
- £28.65Trending at £31.98
- £19.48Trending at £19.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.