All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBulbs are always a delight for gardeners, whether used to burst freely in drifts or caught to add colour and exuberance within a border or container. This book captures that sense of joy by celebrating the potential of bulbs throughout the year. Organized into seasons, it gives advice on growing and - especially - choosing bulbs for the garden.
- Author BiographyChristine Skelmersdale has spent some forty years growing and showing bulbs at her home, Broadleigh Gardens near Taunton. Its five-acre nursery and demonstration garden are open to the public and specialize in smaller bulbs, woodland and foliage plants. She has exhibited at over 200 RHS flower shows including Chelsea, and won many gold medals. Christine is an inspirational lecturer and regularly talks at garden clubs, the English Garden School, Coton Manor Garden School and Harlow Carr, as well as appearing on television and writing articles. She has served on many RHS committees, including its council for eleven years. In 2009, it presented her with the Victoria Medal of Honour (VMH) the highest award given by the RHS in recognition of outstanding service to horticulture.
- Author(s)Christine Skelmersdale
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication24/09/2012
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note400 colour photographs
- Weight850 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £1.99Trending at £2.40
- £2.34Trending at £3.00
- £7.81Trending at £8.99
- £10.15Trending at £11.00
- £3.00Trending at £3.84
- £9.50Trending at £9.99
- £10.23Trending at £16.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.