All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £9.51Trending at £9.77
- £16.29Trending at £19.14
- £4.51Trending at £6.01
- £10.15Trending at £13.48
- £4.48Trending at £4.76
- £7.21Trending at £7.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is written for advanced earth science students, geologists, petroleum engineers and others who want to get quickly up to speed on the interpretation of reflection seismic data.
- Author BiographyAfter gaining his geology degree, Dr Ashcroft worked with Seismograph Service Ltd on seismic parties in the Middle East and Nigeria, then went on to do research at Birmingham University. He joined the Department of Geology, University of Aberdeen in 1966, teaching Applied Geophysics to BSc students and to the MSc class in Petroleum Geology. His research interests included large-scale magnetic surveys in the Scottish highlands and studies based on seismic data released from the petroleum industry. He retired as Senior Lecturer in 1999, but has remained active, teaching geophysics at the University of Glasgow and carrying out magnetic surveys over the Rhynie Basin as well as writing this book and developing its tutorial software.
- Author(s)William Ashcroft
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/04/2011
- GenreEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight588 g
- Width201 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.