All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis glossary presents a wide range of terms used to describe the way the English language is structured. Grammatical terms can be a problem for students, especially when there are alternative names for the same thing (for example, 'past tense' and 'preterite'). This book therefore provides a basic and accessible guide, focusing on the English language.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey Leech is Emeritus Professor of English Linguistics at Lancaster University. An international authority on English grammar, he is author or co-author of ten books on the subject, including the monumental Comprehensive Grammar of the English Language by Quirk, Greenbaum, Leech and Svartvik.
- Author(s)Geoffrey Leech
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication19/05/2006
- Series TitleGlossaries in Linguistics
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note2 b&w illustrations
- Weight140 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.36Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.07
- £8.74Trending at £12.98
- £2.81Trending at £4.00
- £8.89Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.