All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.99Trending at £17.30
- £23.54Trending at £24.06
- £18.29Trending at £22.21
- £21.69Trending at £22.49
- £23.71Trending at £26.31
- £22.69Trending at £24.29
- £20.52Trending at £22.49
About this product
- DescriptionNavigating an academic career is a complex process - to be successful requires mastering several 'rites of passage.' This guide takes academics through a journey, beginning at graduate school and ending with retirement. It is written from a feminist perspective, and draws on the information offered in workshops conducted at national meetings.
- Author BiographyEmily Lenning is an Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice at Fayetteville State University. Her areas of interest include state crime, the social construction of deviance, media representations of crime and justice, and transgender issues. Her most current work explores the systematic and mass rapes of Nigerian women at the hands of state-endorsed military groups and the problematic nature of gendered language. Sara Brightman is a Ph.D candidate at Western Michigan University. Her areas of interest broadly include feminist theory, global feminism, feminist criminology, state-corporate crime as well as feminist epistemology and methodology. Recent projects have focused on state violence by police against women in Pakistan, and state-corporate violence against women in Nigeria. Susan Caringella is an internationally known expert on rape, feminism, and criminology. She has published in academic journals and written books on topics ranging from rape to violence against women, legislative change, sociological, criminological and feminist theory, political ideology and public opinion. Her work has been widely cited and recognized with national, state, and university scholarship awards and honours.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/08/2010
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight249 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byEmily Lenning,Sara Brightman,Susan Caringella
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.