CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £3.78Trending at £6.99
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £23.56Trending at £40.09
- £11.91Trending at £19.99
- £15.17Trending at £23.99
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive review of the sociology of mental health, with chapters written by leading scholars and researchers in their fields.
- Author BiographyTeresa L. Scheid is Professor of Sociology and serves on the faculty for doctoral programs in public policy, organization science, and health services research at the University of North Carolina, Charlotte. She has published widely on the organization and delivery of mental health care services with a focus on the work of mental health care providers. This work is reflected in her book Tie a Knot and Hang On: Providing Mental Health Care in a Turbulent Environment (2004). Professor Scheid's current work has expanded to examine the mental health consequences of HIV. Tony N. Brown is Associate Professor of Sociology and holds secondary appointments in Psychology and Human Development, and Human and Organizational Development at Vanderbilt University. He also serves as faculty in the Program in African American and Diaspora Studies, the Developmental Psychopathology Research Training Program, the Center for Medicine, Health, and Society, and the Center for Evaluation and Program Improvement. His research interests include the mental health impact of race-related stressors, racial identity, ethnic/race socialization, the conceptualization of mental health, and psychiatric epidemiology. In recent work, he examines the psychological costs of racism for blacks as well as the mental health benefits some whites receive because of racism.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/11/2009
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note37 b/w illus. 23 tables
- Weight968 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byTeresa L. Scheid,Tony N. Brown
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.