Consider these sponsored items
- £16.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1937, this authorotative work on the lives and habits of red deer revolutionised the way that British wildlife was studied.
- Author BiographyFrank Fraser Darling was an ecologist and conservationist. As a young man he spent two years studying the red deer. He was the first naturalist to leave the laboratory and the library to spend long periods observing and recording our largest land mammal in its mountain habitat. Later in life he went on to wider studies in three continents and investigated concerns about conservation and the environment. His BBC lectures in 1969 are thought to be the starting point of Britain's green movement.Walter Stephen is passionate about British environmental studies and natural history. He set up and ran, for twenty years, the first successful Urban Studies Centre in Britain, and as former Chairman of the Sir Patrick Geddes Memorial Trust has also edited A Vigorous Institution: The Living Legacy of Patrick Geddes and Think Global, Act Global .
- Author(s)Frank Fraser Darling
- PublisherLuath Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleWild Lives
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLuath Press Ltd
- Out-of-print date01/04/2015
- Weight0 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byWalter Stephen
- Introduction byWalter Stephen
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £9.45Trending at £10.83
- £12.40Trending at £13.31
- £4.60Trending at £5.88
- £14.41Trending at £17.12
- £14.46Trending at £16.87
- £5.74Trending at £5.95
- £42.96Trending at £46.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.