All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Martin Fido
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/07/2003
- GenreTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarlton Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date17/10/2012
- Content Note32 colour and b&w illustrations
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction; Chapter 1: 'The First': Jack the Ripper; Link: 1888-1949; Chapter 2: Haigh - the Acid Bath Murderer; Link: 1920-1960; Chapter 3: Christie - 10 Rillington Place; Link: 1953-;1965; Chapter 4: The Moors Murderers; Link: 1966-1980; Chapter 5: Dennis Nilsen - Killing for Company?; Link: From Nilsen to the Wests; Chapter 6: Fred and Rosemary West and the 'House of Horror'; Conclusion; Index
- Author BiographyMartin Fido studied at Balliol College, Oxford before lecturing at the University of Leeds and Michigan State University. After leaving teaching, Martin returned to England and became a full-time writer and broadcaster, specializing in crime. Since 1987 he has written and narrated Murder After Midnight for LBC radio; he has also written and presented a documentary on Jack the Ripper for BBC's Timewatch. Among the books Martin has had published are The Jack the Ripper A-Z, Murders after Midnight. The Crimes Detection and Death of Jack the Ripper, the Murder Guide to London and The Krays: Unfinished Business. Martin is a former resident of Canterbury, Kent, and now lives in Massachusetts, USA.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.