All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the ordinary, routine, daily behaviour, experiences and beliefs of people in Scotland from the earliest times to 1600.
- Author BiographyEdward J. Cowan, Emeritus Professor, formerly Professor of Scottish History at the University of Glasgow and Director of the university's Dumfries Campus, previously taught at the Universities of Edinburgh and Guelph, Ontario. A fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, he is much in demand as a speaker, journalist and broadcaster and has been a Visiting Professor in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the US. His most recent publications are The Wallace Book (revised edition 2010), For Freedom Alone: The Declaration of Arbroath 1320 (revised edition 2008), and Folk in Print: Scotland's Chapbook Heritage (2007). He is currently working on a book on The Arctic Scots. Lizanne Henderson is Lecturer in History at the University of Glasgow. She is the author of Fantastical Imaginations: The Supernatural in Scottish History and Culture (2009) and co-author, with Edward J. Cowan, of Scottish Fairy Belief: A History (2007).
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2010
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleA History of Everyday Life in Scotland
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note36 black & white illustrations
- Weight496 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byEdward J. Cowan,Lizanne Henderson
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £4.95Trending at £7.04
- £6.99Trending at £10.33
- £16.82Trending at £24.07
- £10.30Trending at £15.03
- £4.06Trending at £7.32
- £13.95Trending at £19.09
- £8.44Trending at £16.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.