Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.17
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionIra Lapidus' history explores the beginnings and transformations of Islamic civilizations in the Middle East and details Islam's worldwide diffusion.
- Author BiographyIra M. Lapidus is Professor Emeritus of History at the University of California, Berkeley. Throughout his long and illustrious career he has published extensively. His abiding interest has been the relationships among families, tribes, religious communities, cities and states. This is exemplified in his current work and previous publications, including Muslim Cities in the Later Middle Ages (1967, 1984), Middle Eastern Cities (edited, 1969), Contemporary Islamic Movements in Historical Perspective (1983), Islam, Politics and Social Movements, co-edited with Edmund Burke (1988), A History of Islamic Societies (1988, 2002), and Islamic Societies to the Nineteenth Century: A Global History (2012).
- Author(s)Ira M. Lapidus
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication13/10/2014
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note42 b/w illus. 39 maps 19 tables
- Weight1720 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.