All listings for this product
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £8.45Trending at £8.98
- £7.91Trending at £8.98
- £6.00Trending at £6.10
- £6.79Trending at £6.91
- £13.86Trending at £14.91
- £17.18Trending at £19.95
- £10.77Trending at £14.00
About this product
- DescriptionDocuments the arts, crafts and occupations of the prisoner of war in England, France and America, from 1756 to 1816.
- Author BiographyClive Lloyd (1920-2004) served in the Royal Navy throughout the Second World war. In the 1950s he started to collect marine paintings. He later opened a gallery for the sale of fine art and became a recognised expert on his subjects. He found and bought his first piece of prisoner of war work in a market in London; this chance discovery became the first step on a lengthy journey to learn and acquire more examples, resulting in what was to become a famous collection.
- Author(s)Clive Lloyd
- PublisherACC Art Books
- Date of Publication25/05/2006
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintACC Art Books
- Content Note226col `5b&w
- Weight2388 g
- Width247 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine35 mm
Most relevant reviews
- pipwicks28 Jun, 2017by
Interested in the part that Dartmoor Prison reading the relevant chapters but delving more into the reasons
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.