All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEncompassing twelve centuries of Arab history and culture, this book illuminates the people and events that have fundamentally shaped the Arab world. It includes events such as: the Gulf War; civil unrest in Algeria; the change of leadership in Syria, Morocco, and Jordan; and, the aftermath of the events of September 11, 2001.
- Author BiographyAlbert Hourani was Emeritus Fellow, St. Antony's College, Oxford. He died in 1993. Malise Ruthven is a former editor with the BBC Arabic Service and World Service in London and is the author of Islam in the World and Islam: A Very Short Introduction.
- Author(s)Albert Hourani
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication22/10/2010
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Belknap Press
- Content Note32 halftones; 13 maps
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.65Trending at £21.04
- £9.22Trending at £16.98
- £9.50Trending at £10.72
- £25.51Trending at £37.24
- £14.30Trending at £16.54
- £12.56Trending at £14.86
- £8.50Trending at £10.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.