Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.29Trending at £28.14
- £23.56Trending at £40.20
- £11.91Trending at £20.09
- £15.17Trending at £24.12
- £8.63Trending at £16.56
- £17.28Trending at £22.33
- £58.30Trending at £72.05
About this product
- DescriptionCultural critics say that 'science is politics by other means,' arguing that the results of scientific inquiry are profoundly shaped by the ideological agendas of powerful elites. Physicist Alan Sokal recently poked fun at these claims, touching off a still-unabated torrent of heated discussion. This hard-hitting collection picks up where Sokal left off, offering crisp, detailed critiques of case studies presented by cultural critics as evidence that scientific results tell us more about social context than they do about the natural world. Comprising new essays by distinguished scholars of history, philosophy, and science (including Sokal himself), this book raises a lively debate to a new level of seriousness.
- Author BiographyNoretta Koertge is Professor of History and Philosophy of Science at Indiana University.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2000
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2000
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteline figures
- Weight485 g
- Width154 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byNoretta Koertge
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.