Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £55.77Trending at £64.34
- £3.00Trending at £4.38
- £4.90Trending at £7.15
- £7.61Trending at £7.76
- £21.95Trending at £22.74
- £4.02Trending at £4.41
- £15.00Trending at £16.53
About this product
- DescriptionAn antiseptic little man, a cartographer by profession, a horticulturist by avocation, he spends a first night in an abandoned, mucky greenhouse and is very happy to be permitted to stay on there, tending his 283 plants... However he lives in the fear that every day will be his last...
- Author BiographyNigel Dennis (1912-1989) was born in England and educated variously in Rhodesia, South African, Austria and Bavaria. He wrote too little but for all that there were three novels (and one that was disowned), four plays, a volume of poetry and three works of non-fiction. For twenty years he was the lead reviewer for the Sunday Telegraph. His study of Jonathan Swift, one of his heroes as his own mastery of satire suggests, won the Royal Society of Literature award. Faber Finds is reissuing his three novels: Boys and Girls Come Out to Play, The Cards of Identity and A House in Order.
- Author(s)Nigel Forbes Dennis
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.