CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- DescriptionProvides an informal social history of immigrant mobility, prostitution, Jewish life in New York, police dishonesty, the white slavery scare of the early twentieth century, and political corruption. This book brings women's lives and problems to the forefront.
- Author BiographyPOLLY ADLER was born in Yanow on the Russian/Polish border in 1900, emigrated to New York City in 1912, and died in California in 1962. RACHEL RUBIN is associate professor of American studies at the University of Massachusetts Boston and author of Jewish Gangsters of Modern Literature.
- Author(s)Polly Adler
- PublisherUniversity of Massachusetts Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2006
- GenreBiography: General
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Massachusetts Press
- Content Note6 illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width139 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.