Best-selling in History & Military
About this product
- DescriptionThree people in a marriage: a woman and two men. This was the eighteenth-century Italian aristocratic model of marriage, characterized by the presence of the cicisbeo, the escort of another man's wife. Was it a brazen depravity or a complex and refined social institution, revealing aspects of Italian civilization in the Age of the Enlightenment?
- Author BiographyRoberto Bizzocchi teaches Early Modern History at the University of Pisa, Italy. Among others, he has written In famiglia. Interessi e affetti nell'Italia moderna (Roma-Bari, Laterza, 2001), and Genealogie incredibili. Scritti di Storia nell'Europa moderna (Bologna, il Mulino, 2009 2nd. ed., French translation: Paris, Editions Rue d'Ulm 2010).
- Author(s)Roberto Bizzocchi
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleGenders and Sexualities in History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight613 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.