Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.98Trending at £5.07
- £5.85Trending at £7.03
- £21.95Trending at £22.74
- £3.44Trending at £4.18
- £8.69Trending at £14.42
- £2.95Trending at £3.99
- £5.21Trending at £5.44
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures Abbie who accompanies her family to the soon-to-be-state of Nebraska. There, in 1865, she marries and settles into her own sod house. This novel describes Abbie's years of child-raising, of making a frontier home able to withstand every adversity. Refusing to be broken by hard experience, Abbie sets a joyful example for her family.
- Author BiographyThis Bison Books edition includes Bess Streeter Aldrich's own story of how she came to write A Lantern in Her Hand. Among the other Aldrich books reprinted by the University of Nebraska Press is A White Bird Flying (first published in 1931), the sequel to A Lantern in Her Hand.
- Author(s)Bess Streeter Aldrich
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1994
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width3556 mm
- Height5487 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.