All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents author's discussion with Daisaku Ikeda, President of Soka Gakkai - and another tireless champion for peace and dialogue. This book covers such perennially critical themes as ethics and technology, the appropriate use to which science should be put, the nature of morality and the human quest for progress, justice and equality.
- Author BiographyLinus Pauling (1901-1994), one of the most brilliant and influential chemists of the twentieth century, is often described as one of the most important scientists in history. He was one of only two individuals ever to be awarded Nobel Prizes in different fields (chemistry in 1954 and peace in 1962). Daisaku Ikeda (1928-) is the President of Soka Gakkai International, a lay Buddhist organisation whose adherents come from over 190 countries throughout the world. He is the author of more than 80 books on Buddhist themes, and received the United Nations Peace Award in 1983.
- Author(s)Daisaku Ikeda,Linus Pauling
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/10/2008
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleEchoes and Reflections Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight399 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.34Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.06
- £8.41Trending at £12.98
- £2.81Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £8.89
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.