Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £16.28Trending at £16.77
- £16.32Trending at £18.49
- £13.12Trending at £18.99
- £5.32Trending at £9.99
- £19.31Trending at £30.00
- £11.78Trending at £14.93
- £22.51Trending at £23.44
About this product
- DescriptionFemale athletes are too often perceived as interlopers in the historically male-dominated world of sports. Obstacles specific to women are of particular focus in A Locker Room of Her Own. Central to this volume is the contention that women are placed in a unique position even more complicated than the usual experiences of inequality and discord associated with race and sports.
- Author BiographyDavid C. Ogden, Pacific Junction, Iowa, is associate professor in the department of communications at University of Nebraska at Omaha. He is coeditor (with Joel Nathan Rosen) of Reconstructing Fame: Sport, Race, and Evolving Reputations and Fame to Infamy: Race, Sport, and the Fall from Grace, both published by the University Press of Mississippi.|Joel Nathan Rosen, Allentown, Pennsylvania, is associate professor of sociology and Africana studies at Moravian College. He is coeditor (with David C. Ogden) of Reconstructing Fame: Sport, Race, and Evolving Reputations and Fame to Infamy: Race, Sport, and the Fall from Grace, both published by the University Press of Mississippi.
- PublisherUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Date of Publication03/06/2013
- GenreGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationJackson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byDavid C. Ogden,Joel Nathan Rosen
- Foreword byRoberta J. Newman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.