All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of multiple literary awards (Premio Internacional Terenci Moix, Premio Maria Angels Anglada, Premio Salambo) A Man of His Word is a beautiful homage to the author's deceased husband. A multi-awarded memoir on true love, loss and remembrance. The first work available in English by one of the best contemporary Catalan woman writers.
- Author BiographyImma Monso is a Catalan fiction writer, known mainly for her humorous and poignant novels and for blending an absurdist wit with a profound tenderness for her very singular characters. She is a high-school teacher and writes for the main Spanish and Catalan newspapers like El Pais and La Vanguardia. All her literary works have been translated into Spanish, and most of them to several languages. She has received numerous awards, such as the Premio Tigre Juan (1997), for her first novel, No se sap mai , the Premio Ciutat de Barcelona (2004) for her collection of stories Millor que no m'ho expliquis and the Premio Ramon Llull (2012) for her last novel, La dona veloc . A Man of His Word won, on its first publication in Catalan language the awards Premi Maria Angels Anglada, Premio Salambo and Premio Internacional Terenci Moix.
- Author(s)Imma Monso
- PublisherHispabooks Publishing
- Date of Publication24/10/2014
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMadrid
- Country of PublicationSpain
- ImprintHispabooks Publishing
- Weight376 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Translated byMartha Tennent,Maruxa Relano
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.24Trending at £4.42
- £8.36Trending at £15.29
- £4.55Trending at £6.73
- £6.09Trending at £6.27
- £10.97Trending at £13.47
- £3.80Trending at £4.51
- £4.79Trending at £6.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.