All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Books, Comics, Magazines
Save on Other Books, Comics, Magazines
- £14.47Trending at £15.98
- £30.44Trending at £40.22
- £10.65Trending at £11.34
- £13.12Trending at £14.98
- £10.29Trending at £11.13
- £19.17Trending at £26.92
- £12.48Trending at £13.46
About this product
- DescriptionPart memoir, part travelogue, A Matter of Rats is the acclaimed writer Amitava Kumar's account of Patna, one of the world's oldest cities, the capital of India's poorest province, and the author and Vassar professor's home town.
- Author BiographyAmitava Kumar is a novelist, poet, journalist, and Professor of English at Vassar College. He is the author of Husband of a Fanatic, a New York Times Editors' Choice ; Bombay-London-New York, a New Statesman (UK) Book of the Year ; and Passport Photos. He is the editor of several books, including Away: The Indian Writer as an Expatriate, The Humour and the Pity: Essays on V.S. Naipaul, and World Bank Literature. He is also an editor of the online journal Politics and Culture and the screenwriter and narrator of the prize-winning documentary film Pure Chutney. Kumar's writing has appeared in the Nation, Harper's, Vanity Fair, American Prospect, the Chronicle of Higher Education, the Hindu, and other publications in North America and India.
- Author(s)Amitava Kumar
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication04/04/2014
- GenreTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Weight308 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.