Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.38Trending at £5.52
- £9.99Trending at £12.34
- £14.86Trending at £15.05
- £19.59Trending at £26.28
- £9.46Trending at £12.99
- £13.65Trending at £14.08
- £12.17Trending at £13.76
About this product
- DescriptionA book of tremendous influence when it first appeared, A Mind of One's Own reminded readers that the tradition of Western philosophy- in particular, the ideals of reason and objectivity- has come down to us from white males, nearly all of whom are demonstrably sexist, even misogynist. In this second edition, the original authors continue to ask, What are the implications of this fact for contemporary feminists working within this tradition? The second edition pursues this question about the value of reason and objectivity in new directions using the fresh perspectives and diverse viewpoints of the new generation of feminist philosophers. A Mind of One's Own is essential reading and an essential reference for philosophers and for all scholars and students concerned about the nature of knowledge and our pursuit of it.
- Author BiographyLouise Antony is professor of philosophy at Ohio State University. Her research and teaching interests are in the philosophy of mind, the philosophy of language, the foundations of cognitive science, and feminist theory. Charlotte Witt is professor and chair of philosophy at the University of New Hampshire. Her teaching and research interests are in ancient philosophy and feminist theory. She is the author of Substance and Essence in Aristotle.
- Author(s)Charlotte Witt,Louise Antony
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication14/10/2000
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.