Best-selling in Personal Development
Save on Personal Development
- £10.09Trending at £10.48
- £8.34Trending at £9.99
- £8.89Trending at £9.32
- £5.45Trending at £9.00
- £11.33Trending at £12.46
- £9.00Trending at £13.08
- £14.44Trending at £16.15
About this product
- DescriptionFrom setting up the fieldwork to writing up the research, this volume takes readers through the narrative approach to qualitative research with a focus on organization studies. Inspired by the work of Bakhtin, Eco, Rorty and Silverman, the author demonstrates that narratives are still the main carriers of knowledge in all societies.
- Author BiographyBarbara Czarniawska is Professor of Management Studies at GRI, School of Business, Economics and Law at University of Gothenburg, Sweden. Doctor honoris causa at Stockholm School of Economics, Copenhagen Business School and Helsinki School of Economics, she is a member of the Swedish Royal Academy of Sciences, the Swedish Royal Engineering Academy, the Royal Society of Art and Sciences in Gothenburg and Societas Scientiarum Finnica. Czarniawska takes a feminist and constructionist perspective on organizing, recently exploring the connections between popular culture and practice of management, and the organization of the news production. She is interested in methodology, especially in techniques of fieldwork and in the application of narratology to organization studies.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication08/12/1997
- GenreManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleQualitative Research Methods
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Edited byBarbara Czarniawska
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.