All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.15
- £9.60Trending at £9.77
- £12.17Trending at £13.36
- £6.95Trending at £8.98
- £6.38Trending at £6.94
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
- £5.54Trending at £5.98
About this product
- DescriptionDescribing the hard working conditions on plantations and harsh treatment of apprentices unjustly incarcerated, this book argues that apprenticeship actually worsened the conditions of Jamaican ex-slaves: former owners, no longer legally permitted to directly punish their workers, used the Jamaican legal system as a punitive lever against them.
- Author BiographyDiana Paton is a Lecturer in the Department of History at the University of Newcastle.
- Author(s)James Williams
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2001
- Series TitleLatin America Otherwise
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note5 b&w photos, 2 maps, 7 figures
- Weight313 g
- Width146 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byDiana Paton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.