All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionShows how our debates are rooted in the many controversies surrounding the birth of the religion and the earliest attempts to resolve them. This title explores the ambiguities and contradictions that underlay Christian theology and the unavoidable compromises enforced in the name of doctrine.
- Author BiographyCharles Freeman is a specialist on the ancient world and its legacy. He has worked on archaeological digs on the continents surrounding the Mediterranean and develops study tour programs in Italy, Greece, and Turkey. Freeman is Historical Consultant to the prestigious Blue Guides series and the author of numerous books, including the bestseller The Closing of the Western Mind and, most recently, Holy Bones, Holy Dust. He lives in the UK.
- Author(s)Charles Freeman
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication22/02/2011
- GenreChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note16 pp. b-w illus.
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine30 mm
Most relevant reviews
- tuke1930 Jun, 2016by
Detailed information about the origins of Christianity
In clear simple English based on extensive research this book explains the many different ways in which early Christians tried to follow the teachings of Christ. Also it explains how certain powerful institutions added their own rules and dogma to suit their own greedy ambitions- fascinating reading!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.81
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £7.75Trending at £10.46
- £7.12Trending at £8.99
- £8.66Trending at £8.76