Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAssesses the medieval legacy of the Isle of Man highlights the island's position as a cockpit of English, Scottish, Irish and Norwegian power-politics. This title explores the multi-cultural traditions of Man, and addresses the role it was to play throughout the medieval period as a focal point in a complex nexus of inter-relationships.
- Author BiographyProfessor Sean Duffy is Head of the Medieval History department at Trinity College Dublin. His research interests include Ireland, Scotland and Wales in the Middle Ages and Anglo-Irish relations. He is the author of a number of major works including The Concise History of Ireland (Gill & Macmillan, 2000), Ireland in the Middle Ages (Macmillan, 1997) and Ireland 600-1169. An Island of Saints and Scholars?, (Longman, 1993). He is also editor of the best selling Atlas of Irish History (Macmillan, 1997).
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- GenreLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleNew History of the Isle of Man
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLiverpool
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLiverpool University Press
- Out-of-print date01/10/2015
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byHarold Mytum,Sean Duffy
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £10.79Trending at £11.96
- £11.95Trending at £17.68
- £19.33Trending at £25.19
- £9.52Trending at £13.01
- £6.76Trending at £12.11
- £12.58Trending at £19.10
- £14.54Trending at £19.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.