CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.32Trending at £12.34
- £12.51Trending at £16.54
- £11.79Trending at £14.47
About this product
- DescriptionWho says theory can't be fun, practical, and understandable? This text describes one approach to occupation-based, client-centred practice. The guide includes practical examples help demonstrate how theory can be implemented.
- Author BiographyJanette Schkade, PhD, OTR, FAOTA, after graduating with a PhD in psychology, practiced a psychologist in a state school for the mentally challenged, working with clients who had multiple physical as well as mental disabilities. It was in this environment that she learned about occupational therapy and what it could do for this population. She then obtained her education in occupational therapy from Texas Woman's University. She is a co-author of the Occupational Adaptation Theoretical Framework. She has presented at national and regional conferences on this framework, both as theory and as a vehicle to guide practice. She is the author or co-author of numerous publications regarding occupational adaption, both in scholarly journals and book chapters. Melissa McClung, OTR has been practicing with the occupational adaption theoretical perspective for 10 years. She has had the opportunity to use the theory in practice with patients, in redesigning existing occupational therapy programs, and in student programs in clinic settings-most currently in classroom curriculum design/implementation as a faculty member at Texas Woman's University, Denton. She has presented her approach to occupational adaptation at national and regional conferences. Prior to becoming an occupational therapist, she practiced as a music therapist for 8 years.
- Author(s)Janette Schkade,Melissa McClung
- PublisherSLACK Incorporated
- Date of Publication31/10/2001
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationThorofare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSLACK Incorporated
- Out-of-print date31/01/2017
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.