All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £20.80Trending at £21.95
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £23.56Trending at £40.09
- £11.91Trending at £19.99
- £15.17Trending at £23.99
About this product
- DescriptionIn the decades following the Civil War - as industrialization, urbanization, and economic expansion reshaped the landscape - many Americans began seeking adventure and aesthetic gratification through avian pursuits. This book reconstructs this story through the experiences of birdwatchers, collectors, conservationists, and taxidermists.
- PrizesWinner of Forum for the History of Science in America Book Prize 1998. Shortlisted for Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 1999.
- Author(s)Mark V. Barrow
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication07/02/2000
- GenreLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note30 halftones, 3 line illus.
- Weight485 g
- Width197 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.