Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionPhelps investigates the on-the-ground implementation of President Lyndon Johnson s War on Poverty during the 1960s and 1970s and argues that the fluid interaction between federal policies, urban politics, and grassroots activists created a significant site of conflict over the meaning of American democracy.
- Author BiographyWesley G. Phelps is assistant professor of history at Sam Houston State University.
- Author(s)Wesley G. Phelps
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2014
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Note14 black and white photographs
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.