All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReproduced in print for the first time, this book combines both volumes of Barnard's Atlas.
- Author BiographyEdward Emerson Barnard (1857-1923) is revered as one of the greatest observational astronomers of all time. He made many important contributions to astronomy, including discovering the fifth moon of Jupiter, making him the first person to discover a new moon of Jupiter since Galileo; discovering the star with the greatest proper motion, Barnard's Star, in 1916, which is named in his honor; and through his observations of a nova where he noticed the gaseous emissions and deduced that it was a stellar explosion. Gerald Orin Dobek is Professor of Astronomy at Northwestern Michigan College, and Director of the Joseph H. Rogers Observatory. A professional astronomer, he is a member of several societies, including the American Astronomical Society, the American Association of Variable Star Observers, and a Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society.
- Author(s)Edward Emerson Barnard
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note50 b/w illus.
- Weight1610 g
- Width270 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byGerald Orin Dobek
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £44.99Trending at £60.00
- £15.76Trending at £19.95
- £9.71Trending at £11.63
- £14.25Trending at £15.51
- £5.47Trending at £6.76
- £8.15Trending at £8.55
- £24.47Trending at £27.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.