Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.95Trending at £17.49
- £8.84Trending at £12.99
- £6.76Trending at £12.08
- £31.88Trending at £38.12
- £12.58Trending at £18.95
- £14.54Trending at £18.37
- £19.44Trending at £30.00
About this product
- Author(s)Anna Moore Shaw
- PublisherUniversity of Arizona Press
- Date of Publication01/03/1974
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationTucson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Arizona Press
- Weight374 g
- Author BiographyAnna Moore Shaw, author of Pima Indian Legends and A Pima Past, was born in a traditional brush dwelling on the Gila River Reservation in 1898. In 1920 she received her high school diploma and married Ross Shaw, a Pima-Maricopa man. After more than forty years of distinguished civic and religious activity in Phoenix, the couple returned to the Salt River Reservation, where they focused their attention on Indian issues. Anna was on the Mutual Self-Help Housing Commission, edited the Pima newsletter, and taught kindergarten classes in the Pima language and culture. One of the founders of the reservation's museum, she served her tribe in many important capacities.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.