Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £9.55Trending at £9.79
- £16.29Trending at £19.08
- £4.51Trending at £7.10
- £6.89Trending at £10.04
- £4.48Trending at £4.76
- £8.68Trending at £8.80
About this product
- DescriptionA Place in History is a cultural study of Tel Aviv, Israel's population center and one of the original settlements, established in 1909. The book describes how a largely European Jewish immigrant society attempted to forge a home in the Mediterranean, and explores the difficulties and challenges of this endeavor.
- Author BiographyBarbara E. Mann is Associate Professor of Hebrew Literature at the Jewish Theological Seminary in New York. She is the co-editor of Prooftexts: A Journal of Jewish Literary History.
- Author(s)Barbara E. Mann
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication25/03/2006
- Language(s)English & Hebrew
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleStanford Studies in Jewish History and Culture
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Note4 figures, 66 illustrations, 4 maps
- Weight515 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.