CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £11.70Trending at £13.99
- £7.29Trending at £10.99
- £16.71Trending at £19.98
- £43.57Trending at £48.59
- £12.95Trending at £17.02
- £8.24Trending at £11.46
- £10.01Trending at £15.86
About this product
- DescriptionScience writer Carl Zimmer presents the latest research on how viruses hold sway over our lives and our biosphere, how viruses helped give rise to the first life-forms, how viruses are producing new diseases, how we can harness viruses for our own ends, and how viruses will continue to control our fate for years to come.
- Author BiographyCarl Zimmer is a lecturer at Yale University, where he teaches writing about science and the environment. He is the author of numerous books, including Microcosm; Parasite Rex; Evolution: The Triumph of an Idea; At the Water's Edge; and Soul Made Flesh. His numerous essays and articles on the life sciences have appeared in the pages of the New York Times, Scientific American, Discover, Time, Science, Popular Science, and National Geographic. His work has been anthologized in both The Best American Science Writing and The Best American Science and Nature Writing series. He is also a two-time winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science's Science Journalism Award and winner of the National Academies Communication Award.
- Author(s)Carl Zimmer
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication19/04/2011
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Out-of-print date14/09/2015
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.