All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores what is meant by transformative supervision and how it can be undertaken. It examines the key factors that contribute to the transformative function, such as the role of observation and questioning, the importance of working with emotions, and exploring intuition.
- Author BiographyNicki Weld is Social Work Professional Leader (general health) for the Wellington district health board in New Zealand. She is also Director of CNZN Ltd, New Zealand, which provides training, facilitation, supervision, consultancy and solutions for child protection and social service management and workers. She has worked for a number of years in a variety of social service and child protection roles, including senior social worker, supervisor, senior trainer, and as a national social work advisor. She is author of Making Sure Children get 'HELD': Ideas and Resources to Help Workers to Place Hope, Empathy, Love and Dignity at the Heart of Child Protection and Support and co-author of Walking in People's Worlds: A Practical and Philosophical Guide to Social Work. She is the co-creator of the Three Houses information gathering tool.
- Author(s)Nicki Weld
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note4 figures/tables
- Weight209 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Foreword byJan Fook
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £27.52Trending at £27.96
- £26.67Trending at £27.96
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £30.08
- £19.28Trending at £20.74
- £17.29Trending at £22.25
- £17.73Trending at £18.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.