All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an approach from structuring the play therapy session to therapeutic limit setting to termination-closure and involves readers in learning and applying these skills in the therapy practice. This book is suitable for practitioners, students, and play therapy supervisors.
- Author BiographyMaria A. Giordano, Ph.D., LMHC, RPT, is founder and director of the Parents Play Connection, an educational play program that helps parents learn skills to enhance their child's social-emotional and cognitive development. She is a former assistant professor in the Counselor Education department at Stetson University. Garry L. Landreth, Ed.D., LPC, RPT-S, is a Regents Professor in the Department of Counseling, Development and Higher Education at the University of North Texas and founder of the Center for Play Therapy, the largest play therapy training program in the world. Dr. Landreth is internationally known for his writing and work in promoting play therapy and was presented the prestigious Virginia Axline Distinguished Professional Award for his work in conceptualizing and advancing the child-centered approach to play therapy. Leslie D. Jones, Ph.D., LPC, RPT is a national certified counselor and a registered play therapist. She has over eight years of clinical experience in both agency and school settings. In 2001, she began teaching at the University of Central Florida as a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Counselor Education Program. Her area of specialization is play and filial therapy.
- Author(s)Garry L. Landreth,Leslie D. Jones,Maria A. Giordano
- PublisherJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Date of Publication09/02/2005
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNorthvale NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Weight544 g
- Width213 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.81
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £7.73Trending at £10.48
- £7.12Trending at £8.99
- £8.66Trending at £8.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.