Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.99Trending at £26.96
- £7.17Trending at £9.00
- £9.51Trending at £9.96
- £10.43Trending at £11.83
- £24.99Trending at £33.50
- £6.97Trending at £7.45
- £12.98Trending at £14.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook introduces differential equations, biological applications, and simulations and emphasizes molecular events (biochemistry and enzyme kinetics), excitable systems (neural signals), and small protein and genetic circuits.
- Author BiographyLee A. Segel (1932-2005) was a Professor at the Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel, where he served as Chairman of Applied Mathematics, Dean of Mathematical Sciences and Chairman of the Scientific Council. He was an Ulam Scholar at the Los Alamos National Laboratory, a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and a member of the Santa Fe Institute, where he continued his work on complex adaptive systems. He served as editor or editorial board member of six journals. Leah Edelstein-Keshet is a Professor in the Department of Mathematics at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada. Her book Mathematical Models in Biology was republished in SIAM's Classics in Applied Mathematics series.
- Author(s)Leah Edelstein-Keshet,Lee A. Segel
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/03/2013
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight770 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.