All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplains how busy elementary school principals can support effective literacy instruction in their schools.
- Author BiographyCarol S. Beers, EdD, is Executive Professor in the School of Education at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia. She has held a variety of positions in education during her career, including that of classroom teacher, principal, reading supervisor, assistant superintendent, superintendent, and tenured professor. Dr. Beers has consulted nationally and internationally, presented frequently, and published widely. She has served in several capacities with the International Reading Association. Dr. Beers has received Fulbright Awards for study in Japan and Germany, a Blue Ribbon Award for her work as a principal, an Honor Award from the National Association of Elementary School Principals, and several research awards from universities at which she taught. James W. Beers, PhD, is Professor of Reading, Language, and Literacy in the School of Education at the College of William and Mary. He is also Director of the Eastern Virginia Writing Project of the National Writing Project, which trains teachers to help their students become better writers. Dr. Beers has taught reading, writing, and spelling to students at all grade levels and has published books, chapters, and articles on reading, writing, and spelling. Jeffrey O. Smith, EdD, is Division Superintendent in West Point, Virginia, a school district that continues to be recognized for the students' high academic achievement. He has worked as a classroom teacher, assistant principal, and principal, and as an assistant superintendent in the area of instructional services. Dr. Smith's combined experiences have provided him with the opportunity to work as an instructional leader in rural, suburban, and urban educational settings from 1,500 to 32,000 students. Additionally, he has served as Adjunct Professor at Old Dominion University. He has received numerous honors and has been featured at the state and national levels for his students' achievements, his community leadership, and his work as an educator.
- Author(s)Carol S. Beers,Jeffrey O. Smith
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleTools for Teaching Literacy Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight360 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £14.15Trending at £20.92
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £23.75Trending at £34.99
- £9.98Trending at £10.47
- £7.72Trending at £9.99
- £11.10Trending at £15.03
- £8.24Trending at £12.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.