All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Friday Masowe apostolics of Zimbabwe claim they do not need the Bible because they receive the Word of God 'live and direct' from the Holy Spirit. This book documents how this rejection of scripture speaks to longstanding concerns within Christianity over mediation and authority.
- Author BiographyMatthew Engelke is a lecturer in the Department of Anthropology at London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Author(s)Matthew Engelke
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- GenreChristianity: General
- Series TitleThe Anthropology of Christianity
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note3 b/w photographs, 1 map
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.