Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.49Trending at £7.16
- £12.21Trending at £12.50
- £6.35Trending at £6.46
- £6.99Trending at £8.95
- £7.44Trending at £8.99
- £7.60Trending at £7.77
- £7.49Trending at £7.83
About this product
- DescriptionDraws attention to the euphemisms and other abuses of language which help to coarsen rough climate, the encroaching unease that many people feel about the circumstances of their lives. This title includes poems about the author's native Montserrat and poems on many aspects of life in England and Europe, and 2 partly autobiographical prose pieces.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1939, E.A. Markham has lived mainly in Britain and Europe since the mid-1950s. He has built houses in France, worked as a media co-ordinator in Papua New Guinea and directed the Caribbean Theatre Workshop, as well as holding various academic posts. He has edited anthologies of Caribbean writing for Penguin and Bloodaxe.
- Author(s)E. A. Markham
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication18/03/2002
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Weight165 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.