All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £11.30Trending at £12.34
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £10.86Trending at £11.41
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
About this product
- DescriptionThe compositions of Alfred Schnittke (1934-1998) are known for their exquisite construction, their unlikely embrace of material from disparate sources, their predisposition for melancholia, and their tremendous beauty. This title presents his life, his works, other composers, and a range of topics in twentieth-century music.
- Author BiographyAlfred Schnittke was one of the great composers of the twentieth century.Alexander Ivashkin is Professor of Music and Director of the Centre for Russian Music at the University of London. A cellist, he often performs works by Schnittke.Translator John Goodliffe is based in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Author(s)Alfred Schnittke,John Goodliffe
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2002
- GenreBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleRussian Music Studies
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note2 b&w photos, 139 figures, 6 plates, 1 index
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byMr Alexander Ivashkin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.