All listings for this product
Best-selling in Family, Parenting & Relations
Save on Family, Parenting & Relations
- £9.00Trending at £9.90
- £3.76Trending at £3.84
- £8.96Trending at £9.07
- £12.22Trending at £18.94
- £8.12Trending at £8.57
- £3.50Trending at £5.93
- £10.86Trending at £11.04
About this product
- DescriptionProviding a clear overview of the therapy profession for those embarking on professional training this book takes the reader step-by-step through what 'counselling' actually is; introducing and exploring the basic concepts, historical development, research base and structure of the profession.
- Author BiographyDr Sally Aldridge has been actively involved in counselling since qualifying as a counsellor at the University of Keele. Like many counsellors, this was a second career; the first was a teacher of African History in Zambia. Sally worked as a student counsellor, supervisor and trainer before joining BACP as a full time member of staff responsible for the accreditation schemes in 1999. Sally had previously been involved with BACP as a volunteer in the accreditation schemes and an elected member of the Management Committee. She is a Fellow of BACP. Sally sees her own career developing in parallel with the development of BACP and counselling in the United Kingdom. This led her to a doctorate in the development of counselling in 2011 titled Counselling - an insecure profession? A historical and sociological analysis. Previous publications include, Counselling Skills in Context (Hodder & Stoughton, 2001) and The Peoples of Zambia (Heinemann Educational Books, 1978). Sally has been a member of many national projects related to counselling and psychotherapy: the development of National Occupational Standards for the Psychological Therapies, the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies Workforce and Education and Training Groups, New Ways of Working for Psychological Therapists, the Health Professions Council's Professional Liaison Group for the statutory regulation of psychotherapy and counselling and the Quality Assurance Agency Benchmark Development Group for Counselling and Psychotherapy. She is currently a member of the Steering Group for the expansion of psychological therapy in Northern Ireland. In order to stay calm Sally runs and in 2012 became a Compleat Runner in her local league by completing all 22 races in 10 months.
- Author(s)Sally Aldridge
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/02/2014
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleShort Introductions to the Therapy Professions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight249 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.