Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.32Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £5.28Trending at £5.90
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionTells the story of commercial development in central Missouri from the early days of American settlement following the Louisiana Purchase to the Civil War. Focusing on those counties near or on the Missouri River, historian Jeff Bremer confirms that the history of the frontier is also the history of the spread of capitalist values.
- Author BiographyJeff Bremer teaches American history at Iowa State University, where he also directs ISU's history education programme. A former high school history teacher in California, he earned his doctorate from the University of Kansas. He lives in a nineteenth-century farmhouse in Boone County, Iowa, with his wife, Yana, and four obstreperous dogs.
- Author(s)Jeff Bremer
- PublisherUniversity of Iowa Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleIowa and the Midwest Experience
- Place of PublicationIowa
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Iowa Press
- Content Note1 map, 12 engravings
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.