CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.79Trending at £5.18
- £5.38Trending at £5.49
- £11.28Trending at £13.93
- £9.08Trending at £9.24
- £9.60Trending at £11.14
- £10.95Trending at £13.68
- £15.50Trending at £18.95
About this product
- Author(s)D. H. Malan
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication11/11/2011
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight481 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Table Of ContentsI Historical and Theoretical Survey.- 1. Introductory.- 2. Historical Approach.- The history of psycho-analysis.- The characteristics of the early short analyses, with special reference to therapeutic results.- Attempts to shorten psycho-analysis: Ferenczi.- 3. Review of Previous work on Brief Psychotherapy.- The quality of the evidence.- Selection criteria and therapeutic result.- Technique.- Length of treatment, termination, and follow-up.- Previous work: conclusion.- II The Present work.- 4. Preliminary.- Description of patients, therapists, and methods of working.- Course of the work.- Scope of the present study.- 5. The Assessment of Therapeutic Results.- 6. Assessment and Therapy forms.- Notes on the assessment and therapy forms.- The articled accountant.- The biologist.- The civil servant.- The clown.- The dog lady.- The draper's assistant.- The falling social worker.- The girl with the dreams.- The hypertensive housewife.- The lighterman.- The neurasthenic's husband.- The paranoid engineer.- The pilot's wife.- The railway solicitor.- The storm lady.- The student thief.- The student's wife.- The surgeon's daughter.- Tom.- The unsuccessful accountant.- Violet's mother.- 7. Psychodynamic Assessment and its Bearing on the Validity of Brief Psychotherapy.- Discussion of the psychodynamic method of assessment.- The bearing of this work on the validity of brief psychotherapy.- 8. The Therapeutic Results and the Problem of Relating them to other factors.- Discussion of the therapeutic results.- The scoring of the results for statistical purposes.- The relation between the clinical and the statistical approaches.- Statistical methods used.- Different forms of hypothesis.- 9. Selection Criteria.- Hypotheses.- Selection of patients.- Study of the evidence on Hypothesis A.- Evidence on Hypothesis B.- 10. The General Characteristics of these therapies with Special Reference to technique.- The ecological view.- Rapid and inevitable development of transference.- Inevitable development of transference interpretations.- Disturbing interpretations.- Interpretation of the infantile roots of neurosis.- Negative transference: termination.- Differences from analysis.- The 'focal' technique: 'focal therapy'.- Dramatic therapy; traumatic memories.- 11. The Relation Between Transference Interpretation and Outcome: Clinical Approach.- Clinical evidence.- Transference interpretation and dependence.- 12. The Exploration of a more 'Objective' Quantitative Approach to the Relation Between Technique and Outcome.- Principles.- Scoring by two independent judges.- Results of the count of interpretations.- Comparison of the Th ratio with clinically judged transference orientation.- Correlation between outcome and NP and P ratios: the hypothesis of the therapist-parent link.- Transference and follow-up.- The meaning of the quantitative studies.- The status of the evidence.- Chapters 11 and 12: conclusion.- 13. Recapitulation and Conclusion.- General statement of the characteristics of patients, therapists, and technique.- Hypotheses and conclusions already presented.- A unifying factor.- Selection criteria.- A possible future selection procedure.- Relation to previous work.- The lengthening factors. The place of the present work in the history of psycho-analysis.- References.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.