All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe tale of Lata's and her mother's attempts to find a suitable boy, through love or through maternal appraisal. Set in post-independence India and involving the lives of four families, it is also an explanation of a whole continent faced with its first great General Election.
- Author BiographyVikram Seth was born in 1952. He trained as an economist and has lived for several years each in England, California, China and India. He is the author of A Suitable Boy, which was an international number one bestseller, An Equal Music and several other novels. He has also written five volumes of poetry including Beastly Tales.
- PrizesWinner of WH Smith Literary Prize 1994 and Commonwealth Writers Prize 1994 and WH Smith Annual Literary Award 1994. Shortlisted for BBC Big Read Top 100 2003.
- Author(s)Vikram Seth
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication25/03/1993
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWeidenfeld & Nicolson
- Out-of-print date10/08/2007
- Weight1652 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine59 mm
Most relevant reviews
- beadez3222 Jun, 2017by
Immerse yourself in this book
I have sat up into the small hours with this book, not being able to put it down.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.93Trending at £6.94
- £4.24Trending at £4.97
- £13.11Trending at £15.00
- £10.97Trending at £13.47
- £4.67Trending at £7.99
- £5.00Trending at £8.98
- £4.50Trending at £4.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.