All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Summer of British Wildlife Guide - Travel information and tips for summer wildlife-watching, with an entry per day from mid-May to late August, covering England, Scotland and Wales. From bitterns to basking sharks, butterflies, mammals and reptiles, plus weekend options and the where, when and how to get the most out of British wildlife.
- Author BiographyJames Lowen is a wildlife writer, travel guide and photographer, who is enthused by bringing nature to life for the non-specialist. This book is the result of 30-odd years of exploring Britain's wildlife-rich areas, from Scilly to Shetland and Kent to the Cairngorms. The breadth of coverage reflects James's personal evolution from a juvenile birdwatcher to a fully-fledged naturalist, from being interested only in feathered creatures to getting excited about every single dimension of British nature - be it winged or furry, whether it blooms or slithers. James is well known as the author of Bradt Travel Guides' 52 wildlife weekends: a year of British wildlife-watching breaks. He writes a monthly column for Bird Watching magazine and contributes regularly to BBC Wildlife magazine.
- Author(s)James Lowen
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication05/03/2016
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides (Wildlife Guides)
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £6.00Trending at £6.81
- £5.06Trending at £6.04
- £6.00Trending at £6.53
- £7.31Trending at £13.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.