Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.73
- £21.13Trending at £29.90
- £5.35Trending at £5.98
- £5.50Trending at £5.78
- £13.47Trending at £25.43
- £18.30Trending at £29.77
- £18.23Trending at £18.95
About this product
- DescriptionIn this study an art theorist explores a conception underlying the history of art. His basic idea is that the rigour of linear perspective cannot encompass all of visual experience and that it could be said to generate an oppositional factor with which it interacts dialectically: the cloud.
- Author BiographyHubert Damisch teaches at the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, Paris. Among his books published in English are Skyline: The Narcissistic City (Stanford, 2001) and A Childhood Memory by Piero della Francesca (Stanford, 2001).
- Author(s)Hubert Damisch
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication16/07/2002
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleCultural Memory in the Present Series
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Note20 illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byJanet Lloyd
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.