A Theory of Fairness and Social Welfare by Marc Fleurbaey, Francois Maniquet (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £31.35+ £2.80 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by roxy*media*uk
- See details for delivery est.
- £28.30Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by ammbooks
- Est. delivery by 27 Sep
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £29.99
- £9.88Trending at £11.14
- £10.71Trending at £12.33
- £12.89Trending at £16.61
- £10.84Trending at £11.28
- £11.30Trending at £13.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis book proposes a theory of social welfare that encapsulates fairness principles in the definition of social preferences.
- Author BiographyMarc Fleurbaey is a Research Director of the National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS) and serves on the staff of CERSES, the joint research entity of the CNRS and the Universite Paris Descartes. He first worked at INSEE, taught subsequently at the Universities of Cergy-Pontoise and Pau, and as of 2011 is a professor at Princeton University. Professor Fleurbaey is a research associate at CORE at the Universite Catholique de Louvain, at Sciences-Po in Paris, and at IDEP in Marseilles, and a visiting professor at the London School of Economics. He is a former editor of the journal Economics and Philosophy (Cambridge University Press) and is currently a managing editor of Social Choice and Welfare. He is the author, editor or coeditor of seven books, including Fairness, Responsibility, and Welfare (2008) and Justice, Political Liberalism, and Utilitarianism: Themes from Harsanyi and Rawls (with Maurice Salles and John Weymark, Cambridge University Press, 2008). His papers on normative and public economics have appeared in leading journals such as Econometrica the Journal of Political Economy and the Journal of Economic Theory. Francois Maniquet is Professor of Economics at CORE at the Universite Catholique de Louvain, Belgium, and teaches part time at the University of Warwick, UK. He served as an FNRS research associate at the University of Namur, Belgium, until 2005. Professor Maniquet has been a visiting scholar at several research centers, including the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton in 2001-2. He was awarded the Social Choice and Welfare Prize in 2004, and he received the Koc Prize for the best paper in the Review of Economic Design that same year. Professor Maniquet has published papers on welfare economics, public economics, game theory and political economics in eminent journals such as Econometrica, the Review of Economic Studies, the Journal of Economic Theory and the American Journal of Political Science. He is currently one of the editors of the Cambridge University Press journal Economics and Philosophy. Professor Maniquet was recently awarded the Francqui Prize, the highest scientific distinction in Belgium.
- Author(s)Francois Maniquet,Marc Fleurbaey
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication13/06/2011
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleEconometric Society Monographs
- Series Part/Volume Number48
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note89 b/w illus. 6 tables
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.