All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnalyzes musical works through the theoretical frameworks of narratology and French structural semiotics, especially that of A J Greimas. This book views theories from the 'classical' semiotic tradition, from Saussure to Peirce to Lotman, as possible foundations of musical semiotics.
- Author BiographyEERO TARASTI is Professor of Musicology at the University of Helsinki. One of the world's leading semioticians, he is author of Myth and Music, a biography of Heitor Villa-Lobos, and many articles published in journals of musicology and semiotics.
- Author(s)Eero Tarasti
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/1994
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleAdvances in Semiotics
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note4 b&w photos, 141 illus.
- Weight735 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £4.73Trending at £5.07
- £6.21Trending at £7.97
- £2.95Trending at £4.61
- £6.25Trending at £8.57
- £9.24Trending at £14.90
- £28.00Trending at £34.18
- £18.68Trending at £27.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.